That darn Gene Pool Diva tricked me when I wandered away from my laptop and snuck an award under the doormat. That little sneak gave me the Versatile Blogger honor. I’m afraid to not pass it on, like those f*cking chain letters. I apologize in advance to those of you who have successfully dodged the bullet until now. Welcome to the dark side of blogging.
You have to cough up seven interesting facts about yourself to share with the masses. Since those of you who have been trolling this site know I share just about everything, including last week’s post where I confessed to using a maxipad to blot up coffee, who knows what ugly confessions might arise.
- I was a vegetarian during high school and the first few years of marriage. It’s not because I’m anti beef eating, it’s a texture thing. One little grisly beef makes me gag. That’s why ground beef is okay because it’s pre-chewed.
- I discovered at age 15 when I was on the horse show circuit that if you drink beer through a straw it makes you drunk faster. Nothing worse than a bunch of teens and free range alcohol.
- My mom once woke me up while driving on Rout 287 because we were skidding on black ice and just wanted to tell me goodbye in case she didn’t gain control of the car in time. Explaining why I now live in a climate where it never ever snows.
- I grew two inches taller after I got married, raising me to the attractive height of eleventy feet tall. This of course is because I was eight when I got married.
- I will not ever use the phrase “New Boyfriend Syndrome”. I notice this is the term du jour at ASU the semester. If I hear one more girl say her BFF is neglecting her for a new boy toy I will absolutely scream. Man up so to speak and find your own damn amusement.
- Vietnamese food will never pass my lips again . Several years ago, Sheldon and I got the worst case of food poisoning EVER. I was so puny I lay on the bathroom floor praying for the Big Tuna to drive back 3 hours from the dunes just to bring me a glass of water. Bad cat or something I’m sure.
- Final confession, this is a recipe blog. No, really, it is. Just read between the lines. In honor of Charlie Sheen this week is a celebration of all things chicken.
Mexican Chicken Salad
2 cups diced cooked chicken
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup mayo
½ cup onion finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped carrots
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Juice of ½ lime
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons pimento chopped
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon oregano
2 avocados cut in wedges
2 hard boiled eggs quartered
Toss all ingredients except lettuce, avocado, eggs and paprika. Sever salad on lettuce, garnish with avocado and egg. Sprinkle with paprika.
And here are my top 15 Team Tuna members. Oh, and don’t sulk if you weren’t picked, maybe I picked you before and maybe I love you too much.
The Zadge at Blue Skies and Yellow Dogs
Meg at the Members Lounge
Val at Unbagging the Cats
I was tricked last year too; you can read all about my true confessions here if you want more random Tuna facts. Stop by and visit some of my favorite secret reading pleasures. Hopefully they are not composing their secret hate mail letters to me as we speak. Shhhhhh….I’m hiding.