Monday, November 28, 2011

Ladies Wine Potluck

Now that we’re almost at the end of the semester at Arizona State it’s time to take a bit of breather with the usual cast of drinking cohorts. The final birthing push for some classes included actively spitting on the young punks for group projects and writing a paper titled “Paris: The Effects of Segregation and Social Issues on Urban Form”. Ughh, yeah, makes me a little bit nauseous too. 



I need to organize a little fete Post Turkey Day and Pre Candy Cane overdose.  I have found that sending a smoke signal out for a Ladies Wine Potluck is the best way to bring out the Wine Tramp in all of us.  Last time it brought out the Adventures of Michelle Little Black Sweater one of my all time favorite blog posts. The mission is to bring an appetizer and a bottle of wine to share. 

We can tell our spousal units we’re doing Christmas shopping and surf instead for online opportunities. Since you can never ever go wrong giving wine as a gift I can recommend the ease of purchase in the UK at SerenataWines. They have a large collection of fine wines for you to partake in or even wet your whistle.  Of course it would be even better to send a little something to me, I’m on Santa’s naughty list so I’m only expecting coal from the big fat elf.  My contribution to the overeating event is below.

Sun Dried Tomato Cheese Spread
8 ounces cream chees
½ cup softened unsalted butter
½ cup grated parm cheese
½ cup drained dried tomatoes and 2 Tablespoons of the oil
1 tablespoons fresh basil

Run the whole gambit through the food processor and serve with water table crackers.

Wine goes back to 8000 BC years according to my main source of all information, Wikipedia. Who was the first caveman to realize leaving fruit fermenting would turn into nectar of the gods? Maybe we’ll spend a little time playing Wine Jeopardy, I’ll take Roman Empire wines for $200. We all know I’ve a steel trap for random facts like there are 43, 560 square feet in an acre.  I can’t retain anything like Sheldon’s social security number for the tax accountant.  Pucker up Alex Trebek, I’ m going for Double Jeopardy.

31 comments:

The Zadge said...

Ooh, to be a drunk fly on the wall....

Janie Junebug said...

I read the sweater post. It's absolutely hilarious.

Alex, I'll take punctuation for $1,000,000.

Love,
Lola

Sara said...

My good friend and I have regular Wine & Whine sessions :) makes leave easier!

Unknown said...

Wine and appetizers? I'm in!

Kimberly said...

I'm a wine tramp.
There.
I said it.

Plain Jane said...

Never mind the appetizers, I'll just have wine, thanks.

Empty Nester said...

I had a run-in with some white, and then some red, wine at a wedding this weekend. I think there was dancing involved. And there are photos. Ooops. LOL

Glad the semester is almost over!

Unknown said...

lets all thank the universe for the caveman that stumbled upon wine.

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

I'm in. I suspect I need to contribute an appetizer and a wine suggestion via a post on my blog and link up with your button? Or am I supposed to host IRL Wine Tramps at my house. Either way, I'm in.

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

Does Mrs Tuna know how much I love Jeopardy? I know I'd get the daily double in the wine category!

Andrea said...

Well this sounds fabulous (and not just because I am sort of trapped home doing housework because I have a boy home from school with a sore throat!)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

What a fab idea!!

Liz Mays said...

I love your contribution, and in fact, that's all I'd need to make the event complete.

Frogs in my formula said...

Crap, your post just made me really hungry for cheese and crackers.

Kara said...

Ooooh! My favourite combinations - sun-dried tomatoes, basil and cheese (although I might try substituting Chevre for the creamed cheese) Thanks for the recipe and enjoy your wine potluck!

Angie said...

"Wine was invented by the Romans for orgies and orgies aren't too much fun if no one wants to do it with you!" - Dr. Steve Brule

http://video.adultswim.com/tim-and-eric-awesome-show-great-job/dr-steve-brule-for-your-wine.html

Maybe you've seen it, but regardless it's a fun way to kick off the wining and the shopping!

mamahasspoken said...

Ah, lets have a party where you bring your favorite bottle of wine and no one is aloud to leave until there isn't any more wine left.
Good times all around.

Joann Mannix said...

My husband's ss number goes flying out of my head, the minute I'm required to know it. It's the weirdest thing since I really do know it. Performance pressure?

I love wine with all my heart. That sounds like my kind of party. My husband and I are wine collectors and we try to have as many parties as possible, to keep our inventory balanced. People are always generous in helping us do that.

Your spread sounds yum. I'm going to have to try it.

Hilary said...

Wine makes everything better!

Unknown said...

Wine makes everything fun!!! I just stopped by from Best Posts of the Week.

Simply.Lovely.Things said...

This sounds like so much fun!

New follower from The Clumsy Coquette

Paula said...

I love wikipedia! Even if it's not always accurate. The cheese spread sounds great, you need to write a cookbook.

Anonymous said...

Love your writing ... and I don't say that to people very often :) And the fact that you make refernce to Chicken a la King is too damn funny! Stopping in to follow and say hi from today's hop -www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/ Hope you can visit soon and return the favor :)

Unknown said...

wine makes everything better... even holidays :)

thanks as always for joining the no more muffin top blog hop! happy weekend!

♥cyn♥
misadventures of a chunky goddess

I'm free of the abuse said...

I am completely stealing your idea. If I tell you, is it still stealing? LOL Love the blog!
Susan
http://75percenthippie.blogspot.com
http://happyhippieheart.blogspot.com

I Wonder Wye said...

Spirits are always the perfect gift...wine or scotch are always appreciated in this house!
Allergic to sun-dried tomatoes - what do you recommend as a substitute?

Romina Garcia said...

You need to write a cookbook and then tell us which wine goes with each meal. I'll buy 6 copies please.

I'm So Fancy said...

What?! I'm supposed to share wine? Crikey.

Kernut the Blond said...

(testing... I've had trouble getting my comments to post...)

Since I don't drink, that means more wine for you. And I'll take extra appetizers in trade. You're welcome.

CanadianMama said...

Mmm, that looks wicked!!!!! Oh, and if you're looking for me (you missed me right lol) I'm now at www.canadianmama.ca - spread the word!!

Marie from Rock The Kasbah said...

That sounds amazing....must try it!